Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow Fun

Blog land has been exploding with posts about SNOW IN TEXAS. Mine will be a bit disappointing compared to the massive snow men, bundled up kid-os and lots of fun in the snow. The first day, the snow was really wet and the ground had lots of water so it was a sloppy mess. With klp being a scooter, there really isn't much fun to be had scooting around in freezing water/snow. BUT by the time Daddy got home that night the snow became "snowier" and was starting to pile up and get really pretty. So Kory, being a professional in the snow, took klp out and introduced him to the fun/mischief of snowballs.



And throwing them at Mommy!!! Look real close and see klp's face. He was thrilled as they threw snowballs at me behind the door!








Then they made a few tracks in the snow on top of the dog house


The snow the next day was BEAUTIFUL!! But, we didn't get to enjoy it at all? Why? Our power went out! When I got up to feed qsp around 3am it was out and the house was COLD. We went in and covered klp up really good in his bed and put qsp in ours to keep warm (our room is the coldest in the house!) I stayed in bed as long as possible. qsp was still asleep when I got up so I had to cover him up really good. Then I realized his head might get cold. I didn't want to wake him up by putting a hat on, so this is what I did:

We layered up and stayed pretty warm all day. klp was nice and cozy in his bed for his nap, but when he got up, he started shivering and his teeth were chattering. Enough is enough. We went to my aunt and uncles house for the evening and our power was on shortly after we left around 5. SOOO that is why we didn't play in the snow. I couldn't convince myself to go outside and be cold and come inside and STILL be cold and not be able to get warm. The snow really was so beautiful and a fun treat here in Texas.

2 comments:

ali said...

quinn looks like kanyon when he was younger in the last pic! oh and nice follow thru kanyon with the snowball! :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't read your blog in a while, your boys are getting big!! And very cute:) I'm glad that they are both better, my fingers are crossed that ya'll are done with all of that. Peggy C.

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers