Sunday, February 28, 2010

Brothers

Last Sunday the boys had on clothes that were the same colors so I thought we should take some pictures. Not as easy as it seems, but here they are:

(btw qsp's fisted hand looks like it belongs to klp but is shorter and smaller and doesn't fit his body like those puppet things haha!)
kan really does act like quinn is so sweet. He does a little high pitched squeal when he gets near him.
Finally qsp smiles and klp is put out with the picture taking already!


klp kissed his baby brother without prompting....so very sweet!



Then about 3 seconds later he was pushing him out of his lap!
We moved to the chair so everyone could have their own space. I wish you could see q's monkey shoes. They were so very cute!

Big brother split the scene and since baby brother is bound by his 2 month gross motor skills, he had to keep getting his picture made!

Running the risk of getting a little too sappy here, but I'll say it anyways. We really didn't care what gender we had this pregnancy, that was one of the reasons we waited to find out. Now that Quinn is here and he's a boy I'm thrilled. I am excited for these 2 to grow up together and pray they will be best friends. I have had lots of people say to me that they were glad we had a boy so Kanyon had a brother to stick up for him and take care of him. I totally get what everyone is saying (so don't think you hurt my feelings) but my thoughts are a little different. Don't get me wrong, I feel like Quinn will have a unique role as Kanyon's little brother and I pray that he will embrace it. BUT the thought that dominates my mind is a little different. I don't want that to be Quinn's job. That's not fair. I realize Kanyon will need Quinn, but I pray that Quinn needs Kanyon as bad as Kanyon needs Quinn. I want them to depend on each other and take care of each other. So, there it is. Brothers.




12 comments:

Marianne said...

They will be God's blessing to each other. You amaze me. Love you.

Kelli said...

Well said, friend. Your boys will bless each other for all of their lives. That's what brothers do.

I know you already know this, but they are SO CUTE! I love these little pics of them together.

Have a great week!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, Jaymie. I think this is one of my favorite posts that you've ever done. These pictures are just priceless!! And your heart as a mom of 2 boys is amazing. I KNOW that they will be best of friends and need EACH OTHER! You can just tell by the looks on their sweet faces!!

Sydni said...

That is exactly what I wanted for Sayler - to have a sister and have that sister thing going on, so I hear you on this post. Even though you're talking about brothers, and I'm thinking sisters... you know what I mean. The monkey outfit (down to the shoes - I can sort of see them) is almost as adorable and cute as the boy wearing them!

Meagan said...

Oh, they are both just absolutely precious boys. These pics are so so sweet.

Alison said...

Jaymie, My name is Alison Thompson, and I have been reading your blog since Kanyon was born. He is really precious, by the way! Oh...and Quinn...cutest thing I have ever seen! I think I found your blog through a girl I knew through Siggies in college. Anyway, I don't know that you know me, but I've prayed for your family a lot. After reading your post and those intimate thoughts you wrote about your boys, I just couldn't help but introduce myself to say that I will be praying for exactly that - mutual need between your boys as they grow up. I think that is so well said, and as a mom, I know the desires of a mom's heart are so overwhelming at times. So...know that you've got yet another prayer warrior out here!
Alison Thompson
-p.s.-i live in Peru and am on the same mission team as Tara Davidson...I know Maurine is your sister-in-law...so, I feel like I really do know you even though I don't really...haha. Feel free to check me out on our blog at www.thethompsonfamily.wordpress.com

Meredith said...

They are precious!! You are such a great mom and inspiration. Your boys will be the best of friends especially because of the love that your family fosters. Thank you for sharing your sweeties with us!

The Speck family said...

Beautifully said by a wise, wise mama :)~ those two brothers are absolutely scrumptious!

Leah said...

Adorable! You know even though the boys are 1 minute apart, Dylan is living up to the big brother role! He gets very concerned when his mama, brother, or dada get hurt. I am excited to see how Kanyon and Quinn develop their relationship together!

Rebekah said...

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but your boys are such cuties! And I just love the last picture of Kanyon - he is so handsome!! And, yes, I want to kiss Quinn's cheeks too!

erin f. said...

They will need each other, without a doubt. As I know first hand, sometimes little brothers do have to step it up and be the big brother, but little brothers will ALWAYS need their big brother! Sorry for using the word brother so much just then, hope you know what I'm talking about!

annalee said...

what blessed brothers they BOTH are to have one another! and they are handsome to top it off:)

Lilypie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers